Data Entry Clerk
On Farm Water Management Project
Data Entry Clerk
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
2. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work and establish regular communication links with the project technical team to acquire irrigation schemes related specific data on daily basis.
- Receiving data in either form (electronically or hard copy) from the project technical team and project M&E team members.
- Work closely with M&E Section in verifying and cleaning of the raw data before processing.
- Ensuring that all data collected have been properly computerized and coded.
- In collaboration with the project MIS Section to enter the cleaned data into the computerized system of the project.
- Work under the supervision of M&E Section in collaboration with the MIS Section and other technical team members to develop questionnaires and templates as per requirement.
- Ensuring proper storage of all data collected (hard copies and electronic backup).
- Assist M&E Section and MIS Section in analysis of some data, which will be used by project components to evaluate and present their activities on timely bases.
- Ensuring the safety of computers and other equipments used for keeping data.
- Assist M&E Section and MIS Section in training project staff on various designed questionnaires.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned by project top management from time to time
Candidates must have achieved a Bachelor Degree with 2 years relevant experience or Baccalaureate with 4 years relevant working experience.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, databases, and backups.
- Pro-active and willing to learn and follow up on problems till they are resolve.
- Be a team player and capable of working with others in a participatory method.
- Self motivated and having strong initiative skills.
- Must be fluent in English and both national languages.
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their CV's with covering letter explaining how you meet the required competencies electronically through submission e-mail or should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the Reference No of the position) to: Human Resources Department, On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Kindly make sure to write the reference number of the position in the subject line of your emails, otherwise your CVs may not be considered for the further process.
The Subject line should be Data Entry Clerk ( MAIL/OFWMP/150 )
Note: The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. And to ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.