Re- Announced Contract Management Specialist
Job Categories: Procurement
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor
Position: Procurement Assistant
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL)/SNaPP-2
Duty station: Kabul
IFAD support for NPP-2 aims to achieve national coverage over a three-phase implementation period consisting of 15 years. The present project constitutes the first phase of IFAD support. It will be implemented in three selected pilot provinces, namely Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar, with planned geographical expansion to additional provinces over the second and third phases. The selection of Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar provinces is aligned with MAIL's intention to commence with seven priority provinces for NPP-2 roll-out across the country. The present project will cover 589 CDCs consisting of 60,000 households (450,000 people) across six districts – NahriShahi and DihDadai in Balkh, Karukh and Zendhajan in Herat, and Darah e Noor and Khewa/Kuzkunar in Nangarhar.
Project geographical targeting is driven by security considerations, IFAD's strategic framework, and Government priority areas. The pilot provinces and districts are selected based on: (i) incidence of poverty: they have very high poverty ratios (Balkh 60%, Herat 39%, Nangarhar 33%) and massive unemployment/underemployment (Nangarhar 57%, Herat 53%, Balkh 49%); (ii) Government priority: they are priority areas for MAIL and MRRD, the two ministries launching the NPP-2; (iii) institutional networks: they have mature community organisations (CDCs), absorptive capacity for interventions, and functional decentralised MAIL-MRRD relations; (iv) economic and resource management opportunities: they have potential for rapid agriculture and livestock growth benefitting numerous poor rural people, and scope for improved natural resource management; (v) security and accessibility: they guarantee a relative level of security that allows regular and safe access; (vi) contiguity: pilot districts in each province are contiguous, which reduces administrative and logistical constraints and improves the prospects for efficiency; and, (vii) diversity: the provinces are agro-ecologically diverse and encompass a range of challenges
The Contract Management Specialist (CMS) will be responsible for management of all types of contracts under CLAP and SNaPP2. Starting from the issuance of the contract until its completion and disposition of the contract file, the CMS will be responsible for monitoring and facilitating the performance of the contract. The CMS will assist the Senior Procurement Specialist in defining contract requirements while performing following tasks at a minimum.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in business administration, public administration, economics, or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 of years’ experience in field of contract management. At least two years should be in government sector. Master’s degree holders with 3 years of experience will be considered for the position.
- Fluency in English as well as local languages (Dari and Pashto).
- Knowledge of government and World Bank Procurement guidelines
- Basic knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Be a team player.
- Be able to work under pressure and late hours when required.
- Familiar with Civil Works and Consultancy Services contract management procedures
- Familiar with World Bank procurement guidelines and contractual requirements
- Awareness of audit process
- Excellent in computer skills including, Excel, Word, Microsoft Office or equivalent packages.
- Be proactive, a self starter and ability to work without supervision
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the process for procurement of goods and services for creative, including supervision of SNAPP2/CLAP Staff;
- Preparing the RFP and bid analysis process in compliance with SNAPP2/CLAP. Procedures and IFAD/Afghanistan procurement law and regulations;
- Maintain and up to date procurement plan, contract files and review contracts to evaluate overall revisions, price and past performance of each contract prior to bid or renewal;
- Manage and lead the identification and procurement for all office needs and facilitate purchase;
- Ensure proper documentation is collected and vetted prior to acquisition in line with necessary rules and regulation governing purchasing actions;
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability;
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs;
- Assisting in proposal-opening and Proposal-evaluation meetings, preparation of statement for proposal-evaluations, preparing contracts, etc. for procurement of Consultancy Services, Goods and works;
- Receive tasks for procurement of consulting services Works & Goods from the senior procurement specialist and perform accordingly;
- Prepare/review Expression of Interest and IFBs and advertise them on national and international publications;
- Preparing BER for Works and Goods;
- Arranges pre-proposal conferences when and if required;
- Prepares contract Document for Work, Goods and hired consultants;
- Maintains a database specifying contract description, price, deliverables, payment terms and other relevant information required for management of contractual obligations;
- Prepares a Checklist for meeting important requirements of the contract and makes sure that all the necessary requirements are met on a timely manner;
- Monitors performance of the contract as per agreed timelines;
- Assists to issue termination for contracts which failed to perform according to set aside targets;
- Assists to issue change orders and/or modifications to the contracts for necessary changes;
- Verifies, Performance Bonds/Bank Guarantees and Advance Payment Guarantees from the issuing banks/entities;
- Follows up with Finance and other departments to expedite payments to the contractors;
- Any other tasks assigned by the Senior Procurement Specialist.
- The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a cover letter.
- Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test.
Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org