Operation Officer Nangarhar
Re- Announced Operations Officer
Job Categories: Administration
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor
Position: Operation Officer- Nangarhar
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL)/SNaPP-2
Duty station: Nangarhar
IFAD support for NPP-2 aims to achieve national coverage over a three-phase implementation period consisting of 15 years. The present project constitutes the first phase of IFAD support. It will be implemented in three selected pilot provinces, namely Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar, with planned geographical expansion to additional provinces over the second and third phases. The selection of Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar provinces is aligned with MAIL's intention to commence with seven priority provinces for NPP-2 roll-out across the country. The present project will cover 589 CDCs consisting of 60,000 households (450,000 people) across six districts – NahriShahi and DihDadai in Balkh, Karukh and Zendhajan in Herat, and Darah e Noor and Khewa/Kuzkunar in Nangarhar.
Project geographical targeting is driven by security considerations, IFAD's strategic framework, and Government priority areas. The pilot provinces and districts are selected based on: (i) incidence of poverty: they have very high poverty ratios (Balkh 60%, Herat 39%, Nangarhar 33%) and massive unemployment/underemployment (Nangarhar 57%, Herat 53%, Balkh 49%); (ii) Government priority: they are priority areas for MAIL and MRRD, the two ministries launching the NPP-2; (iii) institutional networks: they have mature community organisations (CDCs), absorptive capacity for interventions, and functional decentralised MAIL-MRRD relations; (iv) economic and resource management opportunities: they have potential for rapid agriculture and livestock growth benefitting numerous poor rural people, and scope for improved natural resource management; (v) security and accessibility: they guarantee a relative level of security that allows regular and safe access; (vi) contiguity: pilot districts in each province are contiguous, which reduces administrative and logistical constraints and improves the prospects for efficiency; and, (vii) diversity: the provinces are agro-ecologically diverse and encompass a range of challenges
The Operation Officer works under the direct supervision of Senior Finance Manager and Finance Manager.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferably in finance and/or any other related discipline is required. Master’s Degree in any of the mentioned disciplines would be given preference.
- At least 4 years of progressive professional experience as an Operation Officer and/or other senior Operation Officer.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Operation Officer will be responsible to perform but not limited to the following tasks:
1. Provide support to Finance
- Manage petty all finances of the provincial office. This includes petty cash as well as cash transferred to the contractors through Mastofiat.
- Prepare various financial statement and financial report on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Coordinate and ensure that salary allotments and payments required of provincial staff are processed on time and as per the set timelines and procedures.
- Provide support for maintaining a transparent and accurate data and cooperate with visiting audit in this regards.
- Ensure that the government financial management procedure and norms are fully followed in all phases of program;
- Assist and ensure that the process of allocating petty cash and its liquidation are done per existing procedure;
2. Provide support to Administration:
- Assist the SNaPP2 staff in day-to-day administrative tasks
- Assist the SNaPP2 Provincial Office in maintaining an overview of HR issues such as attendance and delivery of staff timesheets on time.
- To assist the SNaPP2 in maintaining effective admin support.
- Responsible for the maintenance of office, supervising drivers and office cleaners and guards
- Should know and be familiar with basic IT
1. Procurement and Logistics:
- Analyze the purchase request from the user departments and determine the appropriate method of procurement, quotation, tender and requisition letters. Provide assistance to user departments, when required, in the preparation of specifications, etc.
- Collaborate with project staff, vendors, and technical experts in preparing specifications for quotations, tenders, and requisition letters in a clear and concise manner.
- Coordinate the preparation of the procurement documents, utilizing sound sustainable procurement practices, while adhering to govt. policies and donor requirement.
Schedule, organize and facilitate Job-Site and/or Pre-Bid meetings related to quotations, tenders and proposals
- Monitor contracts and vendor performance and consult with vendors and/or user departments to implement corrective action when required.
- Contribute to the development and formulation of purchasing procedures and practices as required.
- Participate in specialized projects and assignments related to procurement, as required.
Assist in the annual physical inventory process, as required.
- Keep proper inventory of all fixed assets
- Ensure that assets are properly given to staff and that these assets are properly managed
- Ensure that vehicles and other office utilities like generators are properly managed and maintained.
- The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a cover letter.
- Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test.
Submission email: email@example.com