Vacancy Number: NHLP/MAIL/WB/00233
Post Title: Regional Livestock Extension Officer
Duration: One Year
No. of Post: 1
Announcing Date: 29 Nov 2015
Closing Date: 12 Dec 2015
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
NHLP is to promote adoption of improved production practices by target farmers, with gradual rollout of farmer-centric agricultural services mechanisms and investment support. Service delivery centered on farmers would lead in practice to increased participation of beneficiaries both in the definition of services required and in the delivery itself, as well as improved ratio of overall costs reaching beneficiaries as direct investments, in order to promote sustainability and efficiency.
The project would contribute to the overarching goal of increased productivity and overall production of horticultural products and improved animal production and health. The technical strategy for achieving this objective is based on the delivery of extension and investment support through strengthened mechanisms. The National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP) would have three components: (1) Horticultural Production, (2) Animal Production and Health, and (3) Implementation Management and Technical Assistance Support. These activities would be implemented in 100 focus districts spread over time as conditions warrant in up to 22 target provinces.
Note: NHLP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement for the same region. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with NHLP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.
1. Regional Livestock Extension Officer will work under the supervision of Senior Livestock Extension Officer for development and analysis of livestock extension approaches.
2. Supervision of overall livestock extension program at regional and provincial level.
3. Regional Livestock Extension Officer has to follow FFS methodology while implementing the extension monthly training and activities.
4. Support livestock extension regional/provincial offices staffs (Male/female) and VFUs extension agents on their routine activities,
5. Work closely with other implementing agencies (stakeholders) in livestock extension program,
6. Prepare seasonal calendar of livestock activities for the districts in the region.
7. Implement the livestock extension activities on the basis of seasonal calendar and in FFS model.
8. Prepare the report of activities in the region and submit it to Livestock Component. Make analysis of data from the districts.
9. Conducting monthly meeting and training in regional offices including provincial offices staffs to find the issues, and give them feedback,
10. Take lead in supervising the livestock extension field activities.
11. Regional Livestock Extension Officer must have initiative ideas for livestock sub sector development in Afghanistan.
12. Regional Livestock Extension Officer must be familiar to the costumes and cultural sensitive issues of the rural areas in Afghanistan.
13. Regional Livestock Extension Officer must develop a proper team to undertake the extension activities in the rural areas of the country.
14. Regional Livestock extension Officer must be ready to work and have frequent travelling for proper follow up of the program in the project areas.
15. Regional Livestock Extension Officer must traced out the root level causes of the exits livestock sector problems and develop relevant and right time approach for its solution.
16. Regional Livestock Extension Officer must have a fully prepared update presentation at any time on livestock extension activities undertaken in the project areas.
17. Regional Livestock Extension Officer must coordinate extension activities with MAIL line department at Provincial level.
18. Regional Livestock Extension Officer must develop excellent relationship with other stakeholders and agencies working in this sector.
19. Capacity building of field staff in their deficiency in their quality of work.
20. Supervise the poultry and brucellosis control program activities in the region.
1. Must be a graduate in Veterinary Science (DVM).
2. Training in any discipline of animal science / veterinary science related with livestock extension, Farmer field school (FFS) knowledge will be of an advantage.
3. Working experience of at least 3 years in similar position in donor funded / managed projects will be preferred.
4. Working experience with farmer groups/ farmers, preferably in livestock.
5. Experience in working with the livestock/agriculture farmers.
6. Should have the skills in writing the reports. Should have good communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto is essential.
7. Should be ready to travel to field in the rural areas and sometimes outside the district.
8. Should have the ability to work closely with the all stakeholders.
9. Have excellent management skills, hardworking, creative and strong team worker.
10. Computer literacy, especially in MS Office software.
11. Excellent communication skills and being a good team player.
Note:NHLP is an equal opportunities employer and encourages, in addition to men, qualified women to apply.
Please submit your updated resumes along with a cover letter quoting the Job Title to the attention of NHLP Operations Manager, or email it to
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
No later than Nov 12, 2015, the interview date/s and venue will be determined soon after the expiry of the deadline for applications.
© e-Government of Afghanistan,
All rights reserved.