The USDA-funded Change Management and Capacity Building Program (CBCMP) for the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is a three-year program sponsored by USDA. The program works directly with MAIL staff to enhance MAIL's capacity to effectively serve its multitude of stakeholders â€“ from investors to producers. The Program is designed with two distinct but complimentary components:
Component 1: develop the capacity of MAIL to design, procure, account for and report on utilization and performance of its financial, capital and human resources provided through both donor and government funding
Component 2: develop and implement a program of change management to build overall capacity of MAIL to increase its effectiveness in key technical areas that will have the most immediate impact at the provincial and district level. The approach of the Component 2 work plan is based on four Capacity Building elements supported by integrated communications management. The Capacity Building elements are: Work Planning, Structure Review, Progress Scorecard Tracking, and Process Improvement.
The incumbent will work under supervision of the respective Director General (DG) of Livestock, s/he also reports to the Deputy Chief of Party of CBCMP project. S/he will be expected to ensure that the capacity building elements are being accomplished within his or her assigned directorate.
• Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for the people side change caused by projects and change efforts.
• Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan.
• Work with communication, training, HR and OD specialists in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation.
• Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
• Manage the C2 capacity building process and track the process to be in compliance with C2 work plan
• Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
• Assist with implementation of the capacity building elements mentioned and explained in project working plan.
• Coach and mentor the assigned employees within the assigned directorate on change management initiatives, and make sure all new processes, activities and communication matters are properly executed.
• Create and renovate process simplification initiatives and strive to achieve the departmental objectives in specified time and resources.
• Support the execution of plans by Director Generals in Deputy Ministry of Technical Affairs.
• Be an active and visible coach to leaders who are change sponsors.
• Create an environment of harmony and cooperation inside the department with all relevant internal and external parties work in change management and capacity development programs.
• Facilitate the ongoing capacity building meetings
• Prepare and present reports
• Other relevant activities assigned by supervisor/ project from time to time.
• University degree, (Bachelor’s minimum), preferably in Management, Business Administration or Public Administration. Masters in relevant field is preferred.
• At least 3 years relevant professional work experience.
• Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
• Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
• Excellent active listening skills.
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
• Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
• Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
• Ability to take direction and to focus on and follow through on priority activities and assignments.
• Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising the quality, team spirit and constructive working relationships with all colleagues.
• Excellent organizational skills, detail-orientation and flexible work style.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information.
• Excellent English, Dari and Pashto communication skills required.
• Proficient in MS Office and internet applications are required.
* Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically to (email@example.com).
* Subject line must be: (Change Management Specialist-CBCMP-036) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
* Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
* Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
It is the policy of Capacity Building and Change Management Program (CBCMP) to ensure equal employment to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation.
CBCMP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ALL QUALIFIED ETHNIC GROUPS AND BOTH
GENDERS ARE URGED TO APPLY
© e-Government of Afghanistan,
All rights reserved.