Please rate our new website
Publish Date: Aug 13, 2012
Closing Date: Aug 27, 2012
Salary Range: As per company salary scale
Reference Number: VEGA/CBCMP/146
Number of Posts: 1
The USDA-funded Change Management and Capacity Building Program (CBCMP) for the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is a three-year program sponsored by USDA. The program works directly with MAIL staff to enhance MAILâ€™s capacity to effectively serve its multitude of stakeholders â€“ from investors to producers. The Program is designed with two distinct but complimentary components:
â€¢ Component 1: develop the capacity of MAIL to design, procure, account for and report on utilization and performance of its financial, capital and human resources provided through both donor and government funding
â€¢ Component 2: develop and implement a program of change management to build overall capacity of MAIL to increase its effectiveness in key technical areas that will have the most immediate impact at the provincial and district level. The approach of the Component 2 work plan is based on four Capacity Building elements supported by integrated communications management. The Capacity Building elements are: Work Planning, Structure Review, Progress Scorecard Tracking, and Process Improvement.
The incumbent will work under supervision of the respective Director General (DG) of Livestock, s/he also reports to the Deputy Chief of Party of CBCMP project. S/he will be expected to ensure that the capacity building elements are being accomplished within his or her assigned directorate.
• The role of the CMS would be in broad terms would be as the catalyst in the department.
• Mentor, coach and evaluate MAIL Civil Service personnel who work to support Epidemiology activities.
• Train the Civil Servants on virous database and procedure of entering data into the virous database.
• Train the Civil Servants on data quality.
• Coach / Mentor the Civil Servant how to Keep up-to-date records relating work queue, work progress and data entry priority.
• Coach / mentor the Civil Servants how to follow up on inconsistancies and errors discovered during data entry.
• Train the Civil Servants how to manage archiving of data forms at Epidemiology Department, GDAH&P.
• Assist and coach the Data Analysis and Information Officer with on storing data and production of desease information reports / mapping.
• Assist in implementation of 4 pillars of CBCMP project in the Livestock Directorate.
• Provide technical support to Directorate in formulating new projects and proposals.
• Identify and assess improvement opportunities for Knowledge Management Directorate.
• Masters degree in Viterinary or Doctor of Viterinary (DVM)
• At least 3 to 5 years relevant professional work experience in Epedemology.
• Must have bility to transfer knowledge, skills and experience to the Civil Servants
• Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
• Excellent English, Dari and Pashto communication skills required.
• Proficient in MS Office and internet applications are required.
* Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically to (email@example.com).
* Subject line must be: (Technical CM Specialist (Epidemiology)-CBCMP-037) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
* Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
* Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
It is the policy of Capacity Building and Change Management Program (CBCMP) to ensure equal employment to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation.
CBCMP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ALL QUALIFIED ETHNIC GROUPS AND BOTH
GENDERS ARE URGED TO APPLY
© e-Government of Afghanistan,
All rights reserved.